Saturday, March 29, 2014

Vintage Lane and Gilded Paper Cards | DCWV

Good day to you!  I'm excited to bring you some DCWV goodness today!
 
I've been a little bit MIA lately, but I've had some real life stuff that had to come before crafting. You know how that is, right!?
 
So, I wanted to share a couple of cards with you.  For the first one I've used a simple STUNNING new DCWV stack called "Vintage Lane".
 
 
If you like really eclectic, grunge-y vintage then this stack is definitely for you!
 

 
I was really inspired by the collage look of the stack.  I layered up several of the busy patterns so they would show around the edges and then I took a woodgrain pattern and stamped the two flourishes in white ink.  When the ink dried I used my jewel setting tool (like an I-rock, but a different brand) and set some red and white jewels into the design.
 

 
I used several ephemera pieces cut from the Vinatage Lane stack and I also snuck in a few other pieces from my stash (like the red license plate and the kraft banner that I used to house my sentiment).  To finish, I grouped some LUSH Petaloo flowers on top of my embellishment cluster.
 
I love how saturated the colors are in this project!  I've been having some crafter's block and so I've been stepping out of my normal style to regain some perspective - this card is one of the best results I got from that, lol!
 
____________________________________
 
Second, I picked up one of my new FAVORITE stacks, called The Gilded Paper Stack:
 
 
This stack is full of woodgrain goodness and many of the pages are foiled with a beautiful gold. I mixed in some of these papers with some scraps from the Goodwood Stack, so I didn't end up using many of the gold sheets - I stuck to the soft prints and woodgrains with just a strip of the golden arrow print.
 

 
For this card I really wanted to create a design that drew your eye across the card toward the sentiment.  I also wanted to play with a monochromatic color scheme and I loved the idea of WOODGRAIN being my "color".
 
 
I used some Jillibean Soup corrugated butterflies and inked them with white ink to make them coordinate with the background.  I took a few small roses (which were originally ivory) and sprayed them with Heidi Swapp Color Shine in "Bronzer".  I attached everything to my card and finished it off with some sequins from the Royal Castle Shoppe and a little bow made with hemp cord.
_________________________________
 
Hope you enjoyed my little card parade today!  Next time you find yourself in need of new paper (always!!!) take a look at these two stacks - they're really versatile and just beautifully done!
 
Later queenies!
 

2 comments:

  1. EEK!! Britt I love both of these cards!! what great stacks! As always your sense of style makes me smile! I love it each card is professional and beautiful! Thanks for sharing my friend!!! loves-Madge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments- I love them!